Sepp Blatter convened an extra-ordinary meeting in Cape Town as if the future of the game was on the line. For all that hyperventilating what was accomplished? Extra-ordinarily little.
- No additional referees. We go to the normal complement of main referee, his two assistants and a fourth official.
- No goal line technology.
- No surprise Ireland call up as the 33rd team for the World Cup (as expected and to the relief of everyone).
- A tie up with Interpol to fight match fixing. Everyone goes to Interpol so don't hold your breath.
- A wait and watch on the Algeria vs Egypt conflagration. To be decided by the Disciplinary committee
- Thierry Henry's punishment. To be decided by the Disciplinary Committee.
The Disciplinary Committee came out like overachievers. Nothing like crime and punishment to get the juices going. The rest is too hard to fix right now.