Rumours are that Carlos Quieroz who surprised everyone by surviving the axe after Portugal's dismal World Cup is most likely to be fired.
He has already been banned for a month by insulting anti-doping officials and is further in hot water by alleging a conspiracy by FPF vice president Amandio de Carvalho to oust him. Quieroz now faces disciplinary hearings.
The outburst against the anti-doping officials occurred in May before the Portugese team departed for the World Cup. The one month ban means that he will miss Portugal's 2012 Euro qualifiers on September 3 and 7.
Good riddance if Quieroz goes. He was on my list of five worst World Cup coaches.
1. Raymond Domenech: Maladroit. Made Inspector Clouseau look good.
2. Marcelo Lippi: The easiest group, the worst of results.
3. Fabio Capello: Overrated. Bereft of ideas. Poor communicator.
4. Carlos Quieroz: 7 goals all against N.Korea.
5. Diego Maradona: A mascot. Too much bronca.