Sebastien Squillaci: Flumm-oxed
1. There are no free passes in the Premiership: Even the so called lesser teams have their moments under the sun. You underestimate them at your own peril. Teams that got bitten badly this past weekend: United, City, Chelsea, and Spurs. Two days later, Arsenal got burned after going unscathed against QPR.
2. RVP proves Arsenal is a one man team: The proof is to show otherwise. When Theo Walcott, Gervinho, Aaron Ramsey, and Arteta have ample opportunities to score but defer to the man, we have a problem. With Wenger reposing no great faith in Chamakh and Park, we have a problem.
3. Arsenal needs its full backs: Fulham’s pressure on Arsenal in the second period could have been relieved if we had some speed down the wings to peg them back. Zamora’s second goal should have never been if we had a specialist left back on patrol as Arseblog so astutely points out.
4. Wenger’s pat on the back backfires all the time: On New Year’s ever after the QPR match, Wenger praised the team for its grit and character (all very true) pointing to the team’s rise from 17th to fourth (absolutely stellar). History has shown when he opens his mouth to praise, the team does its damndest to prove him otherwise usually by the next match.
5. Sebastien Squillaci? What was Wenger thinking?: Squillaci is breathing proof of Wenger’s blind spot in his transfer decisions. Yesterday, he did nothing to dispel it.