Check out John Stevanja's site: www.keeper-skool.com.
If you're remotely interested in getting in shape, or learning more about the fine art of goalkeeping, this is a great, straight-talking, no-nonsense site for goalies and fitness fanatics in general.
A sample of his posts:
- Be An Egg Head...For Proteins Sake!
- Worst Goalkeeper Ever Drives Debate At digg
- Protein Hype: Do You Really Need It?
- Buffon Wins World Cup 2006 Best Goalkeeper
- Why Goalkeeper Fitness Is So Different
- Don't Blame The Ref: They Are Human Too!
- Forza Italia: World Cup 2006 Champions
- Strength Training = Better Soccer
- Healthy Fats From Fruit?
Stevanja's been around the block:
- Sydney United Representative (Australian Premier League) (1995-97)
- Dinamo Zagreb [Croatia] Juniors (1995-96)
- Represented Australia in the Kvarnerska Riviera Tournament (Croatia) (1996)
- NSW (District) schoolboy representative, selected for Australian schoolboys (1996)
- Marconi Representative (Australian Premier League) (1998-99)
- Sutton United FC (Southern Nationwide Conference)[Training] (2004)
- Bury FC (English Premiership Division 2)[Assessment & Trial] (2004)
- Dulwich Hill (NSW Winter Super League) (2005)
And here's what he says about his qualifications:
"I am a fully qualified Fitness Instructor, with international certification from FISAF. There is the link. This is what I have dedicated my blog to. Scientific principles that adhere to the art of goal keeping. You might not think this, but we as goalkeepers are a very unique breed. Therefore, we deserve very specific and unique advice on how to excel in our position."