Since we're in a giving mood here at Soccer Blog, we've decided to end the year by handing out meaningless awards in five categories. If we get bored, we may add a few more later on.
The SoccerBlog Awards 2009 categories are:
- SoccerBlog's Coach of the Year
- SoccerBlog's Player of the Year
- SoccerBlog's Goal of the Year
- SoccerBlog's Idiot of the Year
- SoccerBlog's Inspiration of the Year
Our results may not be the same as FIFA's but at least we didn't contribute to global warming by holding a yawn-inducing, time-wasting, event like this one.
Ladies, and gentlemen...
NOTE: these awards are negotiable. If you can demonstrate someone more worthy by leaving a detailed presentation in the comments section, our judges (me) may change their minds (which is what FIFA should've done with that Ireland-France fiasco).